spicy.net: Using Notepad as your virtual diary...

spicy.net

Friday, May 19, 2006

Using Notepad as your virtual diary...

Whenever I get into for conference calls I used to open notepad and start to log the same. After few days if I open that notepad I used to wonder on which particular days call I took this note. Yeah sometimes I used to forget to type in the current date and time before starting take notes]. Today I got to know this interesting tip from Vadivel's Blog.

Step 1: Open notepad

Step 2: Type .LOG as the first line of the file and press the carriage return [Enter key]

Step 3: Save and close the file.

Step 4: Double click on the file and open it ... you could notice that notepad appends the current datetime at the end of the file and places the cursor on the next line.Each and everytime you open the file it automatically appends the current datetime and places the cursor on the next line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home